The Town of Orangeville values a barrier-free community. The Town has undertaken many initiatives to promote accessibility.
The ability for visitors to increase or decrease the type size on the website is best controlled through the browser — commonly found in the View menu.
- Many links have title attributes which describe the link in greater detail, unless the text of the link already fully describes the target.
- Links are written to make sense out of context.
- All content images used in this site include descriptive ALT attributes. Purely decorative graphics include null ALT attributes.
- Complex images inline descriptions to explain the significance of each image to non-visual readers.
- This site uses cascading style sheets for visual layout.
- This site uses font sizes which are compatible with the user-specified “text size” option in most browsers.
- If your browser or browsing device does not support stylesheets at all, the content of each page is still readable.
- The site is built with standards compliant XHTML.
- Where possible we have attempted to use semantically correct markup to improve page structure and information context.